At The Tuition Teacher, we consider the safety of our female tutors very seriously. We work hard to ensure that we have the trusted individuals (Tutors, Parents and Students) as part of our teaching network and do every possible verification at our ends.
However, we understand that this may not be enough to ensure the safety of female tuition teachers. So, we strongly encourage you to take an active role in your security when you are going for the private home tutoring.
We suggest you to take the following safety advices for your own protection:
- While going for trial session, always let your family members or your close one know where are you going. Provide them name, contact details and address of the student/parent when you are going for home tutoring. We also recommend to go with your one family member on the very first day of the trial session.
- If possible, try to give lessons or trial class in an open room in the house. Also make sure other family members or at least one female member of the student family is present while you are giving trial sessions or classes.
- Always carry a personal mobile phone with you and let someone know when you have arrived at student’s home and your expected time of return.
- Do not hesitate to ask for the parent’s basic details for cross verification.
- Always trust your instincts. If you ever feel anything suspicious or feel uncomfortable at student home for any reason, don’t continue with the trial sessions. Make an emergency excuse to leave that place and inform us as soon as possible.
- Provide contact details of Parent or student to your family members so that they can contact them to inquire about you in case your phone is not reachable or you have not reached home on time.
- If you are giving multiple tuition in a day, inform your family about the same and provide them necessary details such as time of every tuition, name, contact details and address of every student/parent.
- Do not discuss about your personal life with parents and students.
- For tutoring at Parent/Student home, only go to the address which you have been communicated from the TheTuitionTeacher.com. If anyone from student family asks you to come in different location to teach, do not go. Also, if you feel that location or address of the home is not appropriate, leave that place and inform your family or emergency contact about the issue.
- Set your boundaries with students and other family members while tutoring and enforce them.
Keep yourself safe. Its your responsibility!