“First impression is the last impression” – Whether you are starting your career as a tutor or an expert in your field, you need to make sure that your trial class with the students goes really well. We know preparing for the trial class and then giving the lesson in front of the new student and parent whom you have never met, isn’t easy and is quite challenging.
How can you make yourself comfortable in such a stressful environment? The answer is simple, do intense preparation prior to every tutoring session. Your success in a trial class depends entirely on your attitude, teaching approach and your skills.
Here are top tips you must follow to help you get success in trial class:
- Start off by giving the small introduction about yourself and your tutoring approach to students and their parents. Greet them with a warm smile and make an eye contact while talking. This will relax everyone and make the environment more pleasant.
- As most of the students are from English medium school, so try to keep the conversation going in English during the trial class.
- Appearance matters, therefore, make sure that you are dressed well. Wear a professional apparel and look neat and organized.
- Stay focused on the task during the trial class so that your session goes really productive. The more you remain focused on your trial class, the more will parent consider you as a right fit for their tuition requirement.
- Before you take the trial class, prepare for the subject or topic you are going to teach as much as you can do. Also prepare for the possible questions that your students might ask during the class.
- Maintain the positive body language so that student can trust you and feel comfortable with you during the class. Make sure to put the child at ease with your positive attitude so that students and their parents qualify you as the perfect tutor.
- Schedule a proper time frame of the trial class and be sure to stick to it. The students lose interest if the tutoring session goes very long or beyond the scheduled time frame.
- Always inform parents or student before visiting and also confirm the timings and location for the trial class.
Ensure that you are following these tips to make your trial class more fruitful.